|top finished at 72 x 84"|
To make the outside log cabin border fit and to keep the symmetry of its design, I had to add 6" to the width on each side. I would have preferred adding three rows of 2" squares, or some lovely complex blocks. But time is going quickly, and I went the simple, chunky route. (Nothing to impress quilters, but hopefully the future owner of the quilt won't mind my simple enlargement.)
I framed the center with 6" squares, then the final border of 6" log cabin blocks. The blocks are pretty accurate and fit together nicely.
|supplies for a future project|
I took baby steps out to our mailbox this afternoon on our slippery, ice-covered driveway. We're dealing with a major ice storm that covered much of Iowa on Sunday. I have a future project planned, but I need 3/4 to 1-yard pieces of big, bold, Westminster style reds/oranges. So, I checked with From Here to Quilternity and I found reduced prices for some lovely Kaffe fabrics. Today the mailman delivered the fabric. This future project just may be too pretty to give away. But I've said that before.