My backing for the "Sisters in the Cabins" quilt was gray with sprays of pink roses, and the bright pink/green Roundabouts quilt was backed with a purple with pink flowers fabric (also used as the binding.) Quilting them was fun. (#1 quilt) --> I tried my first clam shells through the border of 6-inch squares, with a variety of designs in other parts of the quilt.
(#2 quilt) -- a general meander design through all the bright squares, and I made continuous line flowers in the open white spaces of the roundabouts.
|Had fun quilting this one--even added clam shells|
|Paula's name was drawn for this Q|
|This Q needed a home with little girls|
|Lisa has 2 daughters, is pregnant with a 3rd|
I'm giving a talk at our next guild meeting about labeling quilts. I'm a stickler for labeling and am planning a short presentation. This is an excellent time to finish some of my little quilt tops, adding different versions of labels to them as they're finished. A speaker needs her props ready to go.
Our quilt guild show is in two months. I'll have some little quilts to enter but not a single new large quilt in my home. The finishes are all gone-- 24 so far to coworkers. So I've requested to borrow some back for the show, choosing a variety of themes and styles and colors. It's nice having so many to choose from.